MSN T-SHIRT FUNDRAISER!!
Click the image to take you to the campaign!
Un-papered Morgan Gelding ~ No DNA match found
Foaled: 13yrs Old
JD's foster mom reports him to be a super sweet, in-your-pocket type horse with excellent ground manners! He is very respectfully of staying out of personal space, very attentive, talks and always looks when I come out. He was said to have been used as a trail/endurance horse.
LOCATED: Sunbright, TN
ADOPTION FEE: $900
Donate direct link: Paypal.me/MorganSafenet
Saddlebred Legacy Foundation. Their trail program at their location in Kentucky, will provide needed retraining on some of our adoptables. It is also another venue to share the beauty of the Morgan breed with the general public and find new faces to fall in love with them.
Going forward MSN will continue to:
1. … to pull Morgans at risk for slaughter on a case by case basis, as we have space available, but we simply can not pull every one.
2. MSN will help Owners who need to re-home because of life changing events.
3. MSN will continue to help spread awareness and partner with Amish families looking to repurpose their Morgans as alternatives to auction. It will take over what is now “Direct Amish Sales” and list these Morgans under “Resale”.
4. MSN will continue to educate owners, trainers, and the general public on plight of the breed.
5. MSN will continue to support responsible breeding programs.
6. MSN will be a site to list any Morgan as an alternative to auction or being at risk.
7. MSN will educate and support decisions on euthanasia as an alternative to auction.
8. MSN will continue to promote Morgans available at fair market values, so that the proceeds of their sale to good homes can help other Morgans at risk..
9. MSN will partner with other groups and rescue organizations to accomplish these tasks.
Our hope has always been, that by providing an open site for a strong network of diverse Morgan family members to come together, we can help the breed through the power unity and collective purpose. The HORSE is the focus of Morgan Safenet and we strongly feel a whole network of devoted individuals - a Safenet, if you will - is stronger together than any of the parts alone.
Our breed continues on a downward spiral to a critical breaking point. Registrations continue to decline and old bloodlines are disappearing. Great shows are gone, and all over entries are down. We cannot afford to lose any Morgan. The effort to preserve them is constant and ongoing. Morgans are showing up at auctions every week, and for each precious one, there are only a few days, or even hours to save them. Morgans with bloodlines that are now on the brink of extinction. It’s time to come together and re-market this breed to prevent that from happening.
Morgan Safenet will continue to evolve in whatever ways allow us to better support the promotion and survival of this breed we hold dear.
Morgan Safenet Foundation, Inc started up in October of 2013. On April 29, 2014, MSN became an official 501(c)(3) non-profit entity.
Morgan Safenet is not a “rescue” organization, however the rescue of Morgans at risk in kill pen and broker situations is one aspect of what we do. Our Mission Statement of “Recovering, Retraining and Rehoming” has many faces. But all Morgans adopted or sold through us go with our adoption contract.
Morgan Safenet continues to branch out in additional directions to better help our beloved breed. MSN has begun a partnership with